There are affiliate links in this post. When you buy products I recommend through the links I do make a small commission.
We love pulled pork around here! My kids love it because it's slathered in BBQ sauce and I love it because it makes a whole bunch meaning I can cook for a crowd or make a bunch of different meals with the same protein. Cooking it in the instant pot makes it super quick and easy clean up.
4-5 pounds pork shoulder butt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water ( or broth )
1 cup BBQ sauce
1. Cut the pork into large chunks - about the size of a baseball. Place it in a bowl and sprinkle the rub all over the meat making sure to coat all sides.
2. Turn the instant pot onto sauté. Pour the olive oil in the hot pan and cover the bottom with pieces of the meat. There will be a lot of it so cook it in batches make sure that it comes in contact with the bottom of the pan. Flip it to sear both sides and remove from the pan until all of the meat has been seared.
3. Turn off the instant pot and add 1 cup of water to the pan. Use a metal spatula to scrape the brown bits off of the bottom of the pot.
4. Now add the meat back into the pot. It can all be put in at once packing it in. Once it is all in the pot, close the instant pot and set to sealing. Cook on manual for 40 minutes.
5. Once the 40 minutes is up, let it naturally release for 5-10 minutes. Set the instant pot to venting and let the steam release.
6. Once the steam is fully released place the cooked pork into a large clean bowl and start to shred it with forks. You can also quickly shred with a mixer on a low setting!
7. Add in 1 cup of the cooking broth and the BBQ sauce to the shredded meat and and mix well. Serve warm and enjoy!